Yes I Can Do This & I'll Show You

It's been just over a month since my last entry. Hard to believe. Anyway, I got out of work late today kind of beat. It's been a good week for workouts and today I was finished at the end. So I'm checking out Vegan BB and see the hard work everyone is putting in and hit the gym. Ok, bedroom for me. But saying, "bedroom" doesn't sound right. I do a light weight / cardo routine and feel good. Had to dig really deep for this one to start. But I f@ing did it.

The hip pain has been acting up again big time. I've been losing sleep. I wake up at 3:30 AM / 4:00 AM then can't or have trouble getting back to sleep. Going to talk to the doc about it.

Other than that, for some reason I've been putting in extra effort in my workouts and diet. The motive: to show non-veggies how fit vegans can be. It's been a side goal for a while but now I'm kind of obsessed with it. Not sure why. If it gets me going and keeps me going, "why" doesn't matter. "Just Do It!" does.

Speaking of sleep...........

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
How have things been going? Its been a while since we've heard from you.

-Dylan

Holy Kale! You're right. It's not intentional. It's the usual story, job & family. I have been working out regularly as I don't do "sit still" very well. Exercise, any exercise is like Prozac. It makes you feel good inside & out. Still juicing. My favorite is kale, spinach, carrot, green apple, ginger. Then I may add something else like tomato or celery and spice it with cinnamon, tumeric and/or something else. It's great post workout. Trying to make sure I get greens daily.

I don't do resolutions but I am thinking of goals I want to meet this year. Instead of trying to change something, it's more motivational to work toward something. So that's the short story. On to 2013!

• 5 weeks later...

It's been a good month. My goal each week is to get in 4 - 5 days of workouts which I've been hitting! It's been a long time since I've done that for a whole month and it feels great.

A month ago, a buddy from out of town has been crashing at my place until he gets things settled. So I keep doing my vegan thing and working out and occasionally he's jumped in. Yesterday, he asked me if I'm working out after work and I replied that I was. Also, he's cleaned up his SAD diet and has given up drinking. Glad for him.

I mention this because I know he's the third person I know who I've had an influence on regarding diet and exercise. Even showed him Robert's bodybuilding book! The important thing is that as a vegan, one of my goals is to lead by example and show family and friends what it means to be vegan, workout, and be healthy. It's great when people ask me what I do and what I eat to stay in shape. I don't tell people that what they're doing is wrong. But when someone says, "how do you stay in shape?" or something similar, I'm happy to tell them.

Spreading the vegan gospel one disciple at a time

It's been a good month. My goal each week is to get in 4 - 5 days of workouts which I've been hitting! It's been a long time since I've done that for a whole month and it feels great.

A month ago, a buddy from out of town has been crashing at my place until he gets things settled. So I keep doing my vegan thing and working out and occasionally he's jumped in. Yesterday, he asked me if I'm working out after work and I replied that I was. Also, he's cleaned up his SAD diet and has given up drinking. Glad for him.

I mention this because I know he's the third person I know who I've had an influence on regarding diet and exercise. Even showed him Robert's bodybuilding book! The important thing is that as a vegan, one of my goals is to lead by example and show family and friends what it means to be vegan, workout, and be healthy. It's great when people ask me what I do and what I eat to stay in shape. I don't tell people that what they're doing is wrong. But when someone says, "how do you stay in shape?" or something similar, I'm happy to tell them.

Awesome work on getting ya mate away from the SAD. Hopefully the 'pass it on concept' continues to work getting people towards a plant based diet! Take it easy. Jub

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome work on getting ya mate away from the SAD. Hopefully the 'pass it on concept' continues to work getting people towards a plant based diet! Take it easy. Jub

Thanks. He's totally into working out now. Today he asked for some of my fresh made kale / spinach juice.

Killing it with workouts! January I averaged five workouts per week. Slipped a little Super Bowl Sunday. Have to be honest here, I do like beer. But it was easy to jump back in Monday. So where do I stand? Well, my body weight is basically holding but I seem to be more angular or cut. That must mean my fat percent has dropped. Strength is good and it depends... on how some old injuries feel. For example when doing pushups sometimes pain radiates from my right elbow and up my shoulder. Then there's my hip.

I figure I must be doing something right since I can do 10 pullups. Not a big deal for some people but it's been a long time since I could do that. Must be the spinach / kale juice

That's it for now. We're in for a big ass blizzard here in New York tomorrow. I'm feeling so strong I'm ready to go shovel the entire city out myself just to show off veggie power.

Keep Rockin'!

• 8 months later...