Austin! The Musical. or Vegantri's Training Journal.

• 1 month later...

You haven't posted in a while. How have things been going for you? I want to keep in touch and network with forum members here. I will be visiting Austin in November. It'd be helpful to get some suggestions of places to go, things to do, restaurants to eat at.

thanks,

-Dylan

• 3 months later...

Jan 7th - Jan 13 2013

Monday:

Rest

Tuesday

Hour and five minute run and Lift

Wednesday

1400m Swim

Thursday

55 min run and Lift

Saturday

Hour forty min run

1400m Swim

Sunday

Lift

Weather didn't cooperate for riding this week.

Edited by vegantri

Jan 14th - Jan 20 2013

Monday

Rest

Tuesday

Lift

Wednesday

Rest

Thursday

Lift

Friday

Saturday

55 min run

Sunday

Lift

Started the week with either a cold or flu and took it easy. Probably shouldn't have lifted on Tuesday and Thursday.

Edited by vegantri

It is the season for the cold, or at least in the norther hemisphere.

I don't have a race until May so everything right now is just kind of off season maintenance so starting up in up in a few weeks doesn't completely suck. That said, I have really enjoyed running a lot lately and am currently looking forward to doing more.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The gym I go to has a set workout per day with lifting being on Mon Weds Fri. The options are a total body or a three day split. I currently follow the split which breaks down to Chest Shoulders Triceps/Legs/Back and Biceps. On Mondays and Fridays it is pretty standard we will do between 4 or 5 rounds with the reps being 5, 10 or 12-10-8-6. On Wednesday it higher rep and usually in the form of an AMRAP. The splits alternate so that each muscle group lands on a Wednesday at least once a month.

That was a little long winded but that is the best I can do for an explanation. I will continue with the split until I set my base for triathlon season and then switch to the total body when I start working on more speed related work.

Totals for the week of 2/3/14 - Weather was particularly uncooperative this week.

Swimming: 1:17 (missed a day)

Running: 2:03 (missed a day)

Cycling: 4:04 (cut a ride 30 mins short)

Lifting: 3 days

HIIT: 1 days (missed a day)

Crappy week in the books. Onward.

• 3 months later...