Rossco's journal

I'm really enjoying 5/3/1 so far, working out all the percentages and stuff was all part of the fun :P I've got a few pages written down with what I'll be doing for the next couple of months oh and my cold is already disappearing, however I've decided to skip my lectures today and stay in bed to make sure

hey jim, yeah I effing hate them I just feel awkward and uncomfortable trying to do 'em so I'll stick to one armed rows. weeks okay so far matey just playing some xbox and recovering ahha, how are things in NZ??

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5/3/1 cycle 1 week 3 (last heavy week of the cycle!)

BENCH PRESS

warmups

20 Kg x 10

20 Kg x 10

Working sets

52.5 Kg x 5

60 Kg x 3

67.5 Kg x (1 or more) 6 (was trying for 7 but that'll do :/

Wide grip press ups

x15

x15

x15

front raises w/ plates

5 Kg plate x 12

5 Kg plate each arm x 12

10 Kg plate x 12

10 Kg plate each arm x 4 (they're huge and awkward...so stuck with two armed raises)

15 Kg plate x 12

tricep extensions w/ plates

5 Kg plate x 12

10 Kg plate x 12

15 Kg plate x 10

superset tricep dips x 15

then some grip training

Keep those 5/3/1 Percentage calculations safe , will save me some work if i switch over to it

I was going through ChewyBaws log and its amazing how much he progressed with 5/3/1 that has definitely got me interested , i'l be keeping a close eye on your log mate give it your best .

I can send you the calculations that you'll need to make yash I'm sure MF wouldn't mind sending you the ebook, it's great!

Right so my last heavy week is now over for my first cycle of 5/3/1, here's a little recap

My actual One rep maxs are as follows

Bench 77.5Kg, Deadlift 120Kg, Shoulder press 50Kg, squat 115Kg

Here's 90% (my training maxes from this cycle)

Bench 70Kg, Deadlift 108Kg, Shoulder press 45Kg, Squat 100Kg

and finally some of my best lifts from this cycle

bench 67.5Kg x 6, Deadlift 105Kg x 4, shoulder press 42.5Kg x 8, squat 85Kg x 5

some of these were achieved despite a cold so I'm pleased with it, going to upload a photo later too!

Have fun dude! Its killing me that I'll have to wait more than a week to lift anything vaguely heavy :P

Weird question and it may be a stupid one.. I'm assuming arvo means afternoon ahha so is that a kiwi thing? Or am I just very naïve haha. We have words on the isle of wight that the rest of the uk don't use lol

Haha, that's funny. I've been asked that before, I assume everyone knows what it is lol. I guess these would be some of our common, everyday speech...

Arvo - afternoon

Fush & chups - fish & chips

Sweet as/choice/mint/good as gold - that's cool

Wop Wops - middle of nowhere

Jandals - flip flops

Pants - trousers

Chur bro - thanks

She'll be right - it'll be okay

Deload week starts today, anyone know if I should be doing much assistance or keeping it to a minimum? I'm squatting from home with some err.. Makeshift squat stands.. Will upload a video hopefully! Also check out my thread from yesterday regarding a meet up, I'm doing a bit of research into where we can eat and train peace out!

5/3/1 deload week

squats ATG

0kg x 10

bar x 5

working sets

35kg x 5

45kg x 5

55kg x 5

30 mins punching bag (felt great!)

ab crunches

w/ 5kg plate x 20

w/ 10kg plate x 20

w/ 10 kg plate x 20

using my bag made me miss fighting a little bit, I may go back to taekwondo for a couple of sessions later in the year or do some MMA at some point

1253377313_IsleofWight-20130128-00102.jpg.652b3ebf896cb8e301977b065df2423a.jpg

Rossco smash!

301550272_IsleofWight-20130128-00098.jpg.73aab1de736072c55ad87f8c632ce48e.jpg

innovative or stupid? bare in mind it's deload week so a max of 55kgs was on it, also they're solid oak!

cheers mike I wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not but it worked fine!

yeah I really miss both of them, was always great cardio too ahha, depending on what my training looks like by the summer I could easily throw in a day of one or the other, I miss having bruised ribs and fat lips :P

I haven't watched any ufc for a while actually, I always like to watch youtube vids of Mac Danzig just because he's vegan, and awesome!

cheers james yeah my deload weight is calculated with the percentages on 5/3/1, just wasn't sure about assistance work but thanks I'll keep that in mind on wednesday

cheers mike I wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not but it worked fine!

yeah I really miss both of them, was always great cardio too ahha, depending on what my training looks like by the summer I could easily throw in a day of one or the other, I miss having bruised ribs and fat lips :P

I haven't watched any ufc for a while actually, I always like to watch youtube vids of Mac Danzig just because he's vegan, and awesome!

cheers james yeah my deload weight is calculated with the percentages on 5/3/1, just wasn't sure about assistance work but thanks I'll keep that in mind on wednesday

ive seen a few mac danzig vids, he seems a cool guy! miss bruised ribs and fast lips? hardcore! i used to like the old ufc, chuck liddel days, i started watching pride then.....which was way better but then it went bust, gutted.