Sherrie's Starting Over

CONGRATULATIONS, SHERRIE!!!!!!! Or should I say "ConGRADulations"!?!?!?!

And a Happy Belated Birthday to you! Wow, what an exciting week or so it has been for you!

Keep up the great work, and I hope your training and nutrition program is going well, too.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Karen! This week I am feeling kind of old, lol. Gardening after semi-neglecting the yard all winter was something else. I aggravated my shoulder, so I'm on walking duty. I think I'm figuring out GF eating okay. I pay more attention now to how I'm feeling and what I'm eating. There is something definitely up with bread, be it wheat, gluten, or both.

• 2 weeks later...

UGH! Migraine on Thursday, stomach virus on Friday, and both are kicking me around today. I woke up feeling fine, so I helped in the neighborhood entry garden, planted tomatoes, and weeded an unused flower bed. Now I feel like crawling into bed. I'm supposed to meet friends tonight, but don't think I'll make it. Yeah, I think I need to call it a night.

Worse thing about this? I want to cook. I have a dozen recipes bookmarked to try, but looking at food makes me feel worse. Gah!

Later, all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Karen. I've been mixing it up and cheating a little on the GF life. No GF pasta yet, just lots of veggies and some muffins. I found a local gf vegan cookie shop and am so very tempted to order every week. I've been kind of good, though.

I went 7 days completely gluten-free and felt great. 8 pounds down, no bloating, and tons of energy. I forgot to ask about the ingredients in a Bloody Mary last Sunday night at dinner and have been all kinds of ick ever since. I asked about the vodka after the fact (bad move) and just read the label on the mixer the other night. Gluten has to stay gone. I cannot keep eating it. It hurts too much.

Keeping a mix of produce in the house has been great for everyone, including the dogs.

And now it's time to get back to work. Peace, all.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I cannot believe t's been so long since I've posted! Gah!

My new routine has a four day strength training split with daily yoga, Pilates, or Tai Chi. I walk or do kaate drills on my res days. Still have to baby my body somewhat.

Monday: rest (pain at 8-9/10)

Tuesday: Chest & triceps at home (pain at 6-7); 3 sets of 12 on each

- wide pushups

- bench press

- cable flys

- narrow pushups

- standing triceps extention

- tricep pulldowns

Lifted 20-30 pounds. My shoulder is still pretty wonky, so I do what I do.

Peace.

Wednesday was a rest day and I really needed it. Back and biceps today; 3 sets of 12 each:

wide grip lat pulldown

one-armed dumbbell row

seated cable rows

underhand cable pulldowns

alternate dumbbell curls

one arm preacher curls

standing bicep curls

Followed this with yoga and will get another yoga session tonight. Gotta stay flexible.

Pain is high still, so Sunday is yoga day. On Saturday I pushed through and worked my legs. I went with 20 pounds since my back was also off. 3 sets of 12 each:

standing calf raises

seated calf raises

seated leg curls

leg extensions

leg press

body weight squats

O the plus side, 3 pounds and a few inches down this week. Sweetness!

Nice to see more people posting not just workouts but also meal logs. I often go through people's journals for new ideas for what to eat.

Thanks for sharing,

-Dylan

You're welcome, Dylan. I do the same thing. I think I've got a standard menu down so I don't always post it. In general,

breakfast - shake or fried rice

lunch - shake (if I didn't have it for breakfast), sandwich and veggies, or soup and salad for lunch

dinner - lots of veggies and either beans or sweet potato on the side

Gluten and sodium intake are way down and produce is way up. It's what works for me.

Peace

Pain level and stiffness level are high. I'll know for sure if there's a pinched nerves in my cervical spine soon. I do know the degeneration is spreading and I am not amused.

Walking, yoga, and pilates are in the plans this week, and lower body work in two days,

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...