Synny's training journal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow is the dreaded 5k... I say dreaded because it will be by far the yuckiest one I will be running... predicted temp will be 34 with wind chill of 27, chances of black ice or patches of ice, 9 mph winds and high humidity as we are expecting rain and snow at some point in the day..... I have plans to wear as many layers as possible to stay warm including carrying a blanket in case it is just to cold.

Well my run was miserably cold and it took me almost 40 min to run it.... Not happy about it but hey what can ya do when you are shivering, pain in feet from the cold and completely exhausted from work??? Signed up for a fun run that won't involve any timing or rush to run. Will be pelted with paint powder as we run by to come out at the end looking like a bag of skittles hahahaha! Eating raw still going good just trying to keep it simple instead of making complex meals.

So woke up and was in pain. Ate an apple, orange and some grapes, strapped on the new running shoes and hit the road since it was by far a beautiful day to pass up a run. Was on the road for an hour doing walk/run to help build up and only managed a 6k hahahaha. Needless to say more walking than running but oh well. New shoes trying to break them in and my back was hurting which btw no longer hurts!!! Now I am drinking a green smoothie I am loving life

I got a pair of Mizuno wave rider 15. I have such bad ankles and run a bit funny that I have to test run shoes and these felt the best. I am pigeon toed, walk/run on the little toe side of my feet, and have weak ankles from multiple torn ligaments over many years. They passed both the treadmill run and road run for me

Time seems to be flying by so fast. Completely exhausted all the time it seems but then again I can tell I am not getting enough sleep. Finally trashed my mattress and sleeping on a hard surface which my back isn't liking that well but not walking around hunched over. Wearing compression socks and sleeves daily to keep my legs fresh for running. I am kicking my caffeine habit and omg that has thrown me into a nice constant headache until I have kicked my addiction so I have switched to decaf. I guess I get the benefits of coffee without the caffeine lol..... Got a good lifting session in this morning before crashing hard

Not sure what is going on with me but for some reason I am craving oranges today. So far I have had 3 mandarin oranges and working on my 3rd cara cara orange.... I love fruit but can't figure out why I have to have oranges all of a sudden.

5k yesterday was a colorful mess!!! haha will post pics as soon as I get them. Did a run called Color Me Rad benefiting Special Olympics and had so much fun!!! Running season is coming into full swing now so will be doing at least 1 5k a month or more

Whoa! I go away for a while, and now you are running! and having fun while doing it! Awesome!

Oranges usually mean Vitamin C for me. I just went thru a craving, and thought that it was because I am taking iron supplements, and Vitamin C helps with the absorption. . . so that is what I am going with. (Diagnosed anemic due to peri-menopausal periods that are heavy and only 18 days apart - so far for the past 3 menses! Menopause can't get here soon enough for me! or at least the part where I skip one or two!).

I still have a while before I am close to menopause. I sure have missed having you around and yes I am running and enjoying it. Still not good at it and can't run that long before I have to walk but at least I am doing it. Orange craving hit around the 3rd 5k and that was about valentines day.

5k yesterday was a colorful mess!!! haha will post pics as soon as I get them. Did a run called Color Me Rad benefiting Special Olympics and had so much fun!!! Running season is coming into full swing now so will be doing at least 1 5k a month or more

Awesome ~ look forward to seeing the pics

Here are 2 pics that I took yesterday after running. Ready for Saturday to get here so that I can do my last 5k for this month and won't have a run again until May 17th when I do the Rave Run. Try to sneak in the fun non timed runs so that I don't feel compelled to kill myself trying to rush through and not have fun.

CMR.jpg.624cc9dd0a1f447f00a8a9e045106589.jpg

CMR2.jpg.4746fe34c703dba9e47d50d49c01d02b.jpg

It was a bit on the cool side and 2 of the paint stations were wet paint... Talk about a chilling sensation lol. The weekend was by far way to short for my taste and not looking forward to work. It just keeps getting harder and harder to get motivated for my job.

April 20th is my next run and then I will have almost a month off until I run again. Will give me time to focus on 10k training and lifting much heavier weights. Question can you please tell me why my abs hurt after running a 5k. Even just sitting here I can feel them ache lol