Should I take protein powder?

Jessica.veggiegirl

• 4 weeks later...

I have just joined the forum , having just looked for information regarding Vegans taking Protein powder. The first thread i read was the question from Jessica.veggiegirl . So this is a reply to those posts really . Hi Jessica . I have just started into a Vegan diet , and am obviously trying to keep clear of anything Dairy or Meat sourced . Being a beginner at this , and also going to the Gym etc , I need as much info as I can get . I would like to boost my intake of Protein obviously and do not know of which protein powders I should be looking to buy . I am worried that a lot of those advertised would be sourced from Animals? etc . What Protein powders or supplements do you use ? or should I use . I regularly use the Gym , but have felt very tired etc since giving up Meat and Dairy products . I need all the help I can get lol

I have just joined the forum , having just looked for information regarding Vegans taking Protein powder. The first thread i read was the question from Jessica.veggiegirl . So this is a reply to those posts really . Hi Jessica . I have just started into a Vegan diet , and am obviously trying to keep clear of anything Dairy or Meat sourced . Being a beginner at this , and also going to the Gym etc , I need as much info as I can get . I would like to boost my intake of Protein obviously and do not know of which protein powders I should be looking to buy . I am worried that a lot of those advertised would be sourced from Animals? etc . What Protein powders or supplements do you use ? or should I use . I regularly use the Gym , but have felt very tired etc since giving up Meat and Dairy products . I need all the help I can get lol

Welcome to the Forum, Flash =)

About your question on ProteinPowders:

There are good threads about it:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35126

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15795&start=105

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35036

A good place to shop for vegan proteins is www.veganproteins.com . This shop is owned by two members of this forum.

About being tired:

You have to adjust your diet to see what works best for you.

- Try eating some fats, like avocados, nuts and so on

- Try eating tons of fruits

- Try eating lots of carbs, like rice, pasta...

Different bodies answer differently to every diet. There are lots of journals here where you can take a look at different diets to come up with good ideas =)