Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness Strength Table 2013

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks mini. Not too shabby yourself. The being vegan thing is totally new to me, but so far so good. Don't think ill ever go back, i just feel too good. How was prepping for a bodybuilding competition? Do you count macronutrients? portion sizes? im curious how people get there conditioning down while having a (by natural bodybuilding standards) a lower protein/higher carb diet.

thanks mini. Not too shabby yourself. The being vegan thing is totally new to me, but so far so good. Don't think ill ever go back, i just feel too good.

Thanks man, well I'm pretty sure your numbers will put you up in first place once the table is updated with your lifts

How was prepping for a bodybuilding competition?

Don't know, never done one (yet) !!

Do you count macronutrients? portion sizes?

Nope and no. I pretty much just eat when I feel that I need to, although now I'm bulking I am making a conscious effort to try and raise my calories a little more than normal.

Congrats on those lifts again, EPIC.

thanks mini. Not too shabby yourself. The being vegan thing is totally new to me, but so far so good. Don't think ill ever go back, i just feel too good.

Thanks man, well I'm pretty sure your numbers will put you up in first place once the table is updated with your lifts

Awesome! and thank you, I have done some competitions in the past, but i need to gain some weight before i venture into that again. You should do it though! Its a great learning experience, heck it is what led me to being vegan and choosing to major in nutritional science.

• 2 weeks later...

updated to here.

jungle - I read in one of your posts somewhere recently that you stick around 120# out of competition, so I've listed your lifts at that weight. Please let me know if it needs to be adjusted. Your lifts put you solidly at the top of the women on the table - nice work!

karunasagar - I've added your lifts, but as mentioned to a previous poster, please add a training log or some other post to give us some evidence of your training. This is all on the honor system but all the same I'd prefer the list be populated by active members. Also, I've rounded your lifts down to the nearest .25 kg. You are probably converting from lbs (if not please tell me where you've found .315kg and .135kg plates!), but I've rounded down the conversions for everyone on the list and a lot of us if not most lift in pounds. In any case, welcome to the board!

Oh cool! I'm looking forward to someone beating me! and boy I need to get that bench press up lol

If you PM me your address I'll get the prize sent out to you buddy (check the very first post in this thread if you don't know what I'm talking about).

Nice work, I'm gonna have to up my game and hunt you down now lol!

Oh cool! I'm looking forward to someone beating me! and boy I need to get that bench press up lol

If you PM me your address I'll get the prize sent out to you buddy (check the very first post in this thread if you don't know what I'm talking about).

Nice work, I'm gonna have to up my game and hunt you down now lol!

I hate to be 'that guy'.. But wasn't it agreed that there had to be video proof and active logging before prizes were sent, not that I'm accusing anyone of being dishonest or anything (:

Yeah, he did post a link to a results page where he totaled 940 at 146 bodyweight (my best is 913 at 139). So assuming that he is indeed 'Scott Brown' then it's believable.

I agree that maybe a little more verification could be good though ~ just before I post out well over $100 of prizes to him !!

No, alternate between sumo and conventional, it just depends on how my back feels, and that particular day my back was giving me some grief from squatting and so I decided to go with a wider more hip dominate stance. Awesome lifts by the way

Wow, so you also train both for your deadlifts I assume? How do you work that?

You should check out the Powerlifting & SM section on here Scooter, some good stuff in there

• 4 weeks later...
by the way, MF, have you sent out the prize pack? I've removed the challenge from the original post.

Thanks Asparagus. I do apologise for not sending it out yet, it's in a cupboard in our garage and I forgot to take it with me when we moved out of our house for earthquake repairs last month. We move back in around the middle of this month so I will post it out straightaway then.

Thanks MF.

• 2 weeks later...