Rossco's journal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike!!!!! Its so good to see you back bro ! How you doin???? Anyrhing new?

And thanks for the support lads, I'll be sticking around.. Just needed a little push and motivation, I'm stuck in a routine that's boring me, I'm planning on getting my flexibility back and going back into taekwondo! Thatll sort me right out

Would have done.. The usual venue for taekwondo is in use for some high school bullshit so there's no training this week..

So annoyed, so I threw together a little mix and match training session to cheer myself up and get off my ass!

Pull ups!

Wanted to hit 20 one way or another so

1st set-6 reps

2nd set-5 reps

3rd set-5 reps

4th set -4 reps

Total 20!

Next time I'll aim for 21 and so on.

Deadlifts!

100Kg x 6 reps

100Kg x 6 reps

Super easy

130Kg x 3 reps

130Kg x 3 reps

130Kg x 1 very slow and controlled rep

I used my weight plates as kettlebells (they have huge handles), thought it would make a nice change

10Kg plate

Circuit 1- 10 squats

10 front raise swings

Circuit 2- 10 squats

10 front raise swings (each arm this time)

10 bicep curls

Circuit 3- 10 lunges (each leg)

10 front raise swings (each arm)

10 bicep curls

Last circuit- 20 squats

10 front raises (each arm)

15 bicep curls

Ouch!!!!!!

Pasta, green beans and Linda MCcartney sausages for post workout.

Thanks for changing the name of my log MF.. Hahaha

So loads of things going on for me right now! I had an interview with an eco charity called the footprint trust which I will hopefully be working for in a few weeks time I do have to study for it though so I've been too occupied to train really. I'm also going on holiday sunday/monday for a week but its at centerparcs which means I'll be cycling, swimming and running everyday, it'll do me some good to actually do cardio for once

Will keep everyone updated with how the job goes!

Thanks dude they just need me to write a little essay redo my cv with my experience on it and learn 20 latin names for plants..

I don't get paid until I do 6 weeks or so of volunteering and training with them but the works awesome. I'll be attending events and giving advice on energy saving, working with 'green gym' and 'green army' which means I'll be out in the woods plus I get to work from home certain days making leaflets and training with a local forest ranger! Dream job!

Looks like I'll be leaving the bat hospital to be honest mate.. Hardest decision I've had to make in a long time but I need to earn money so me and the mrs can save move out and start a family, don't say anything about the bat hospital on my facebook though dude I haven't told them just yet

Right so the holiday was awesome! Cycling and swimming everyday, waking up in a shalet in the middle of a forest was incredible! Seeing wildlife everywhere and everything. So as you may have guess I feel depressed now and have the post holiday blues :/

On the plus side I'm training an old friend of mine who wants to get bigger and stronger it started as a drunken request but he contacted me yesterday and we'll either be training today or monday! He's a meat eater and fussy about food so I'm not going to try and make him eat the way I want.. If this 'little project' goes well I'll look into personal training as a hobby and bit on the side everynow and again

So I've got a lot going on right now.. Me and my gf are moving into a new house and with two jobs on the go its a very busy and exciting time! Unfortunately I won't have any room for my weights so until I join a gym I'll be training with just my bodyweight! Luckily the new job keeps me very physically active, lots of walks and physical work out in forests and beaches!

I'll keep everyone updated as to what I get up to

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yo!! Sorry for the super slack posting

Got a new job and new house so have sooo much going on! I haven't even trained in weeks :/ I've got a spare bedroom for training but it isn't big or stable enough to powerlift with a bloody great big barbell.. I have some olympic dumbbells in the post so I'll start training again asap

Hope everyones been alright! I've missed this site!

The Dark Knight Returns!

I love this!

I'm still awaiting my dumbbells.. But they should be here by next monday/tuesday which means I'll start training immediately after! I've met some friends at my new job that are really keen runners, they're actually competing in the great south run at the weekend and recommended that I give running a try.. So I may have to think about that one