Water blister on toe - OUCH!

katz

I did a lot of walking over the weekend & developed a mid-sized water blister between the big & second toe.

Aside from draining it (although I have read of letting it alone &l allowing the body reabsorb it) and applying anti-biotic cream, what do you guys suggest for quick healing, and also protection while working out.

I'm in week 5 of Insanity, and as many of you know there is a lot of running/pounding on the feet. Any suggestions on how to tape this or prevent further rubbing/irritation until it heals?

I did a lot of walking over the weekend & developed a mid-sized water blister between the big & second toe.

Aside from draining it (although I have read of letting it alone &l allowing the body reabsorb it) and applying anti-biotic cream, what do you guys suggest for quick healing, and also protection while working out.

I'm in week 5 of Insanity, and as many of you know there is a lot of running/pounding on the feet. Any suggestions on how to tape this or prevent further rubbing/irritation until it heals?

Hey Katz, I experience these a lot on my longer runs and what I do is quick and effective whilst allowing me to continue training. This method has never given me any problems either!

I tend to let them develop until it's bothering me (when the blister looks fit to burst and is full of liquid), I 'pop' it with a sterilised needle, drain it making sure ALL of the liquid is out, if there's a loose flap of skin left I take that off then tape it up. That's it.

Hey Katz, I experience these a lot on my longer runs and what I do is quick and effective whilst allowing me to continue training. This method has never given me any problems either!

I tend to let them develop until it's bothering me (when the blister looks fit to burst and is full of liquid), I 'pop' it with a sterilised needle, drain it making sure ALL of the liquid is out, if there's a loose flap of skin left I take that off then tape it up. That's it.

Thanks for that. That's pretty much what I did, applied generous amounts of AB ointment for several days/band-aid & is all better now. I also wore"boat shoes" that I have which are very open & allowed toe foot to get a lot of air so I wouldn't sweat & aggravate it more.

It's just a "little thing", but can slow you down in a hurry when it develops!

• 2 months later...

Really? Being you have pl & UR tagged I would have excepted that advise to involve superglue.

Really? Being you have pl & UR tagged I would have excepted that advise to involve superglue.

I know of a few runners that do the superglue thing, but just from experience piercing/draining/taping up seems to work well and get me to the end of the run with minimal pain.

You might have to just try a few different things and see what works best for you

I know of a few runners that do the superglue thing, but just from experience piercing/draining/taping up seems to work well and get me to the end of the run with minimal pain.

You might have to just try a few different things and see what works best for you

I prefer to superglue. I don't like having to the remove the tape afterward. Primarily because I tend to get blisters between my smallest two toes not easy area for me to tape. The superglue is harder to do, though. If you do it wrong the blister will refill.