Kale Shakes - Thoughts and Variants? Discuss

http://fit-juice.com/joe-rogan-kale-shake-recipe/

So this page got me thinking. I really want to add more staples to my diet that are fast and quick to consume, like this, that I can make a habit of taking advantage of every day I'm waking up at home.

How do you all feel about the idea behind this?

Do any of you already have this in your diet and want to add some insight? I'm really curious and considering pricing out the vitamix and the price of ingredients so I can play with my budget and add this in.

Recipe, for the lazy:

4 stalks kale

4 celery stems

1 cucumber

1 pear

1/2″ ginger

8 oz water (optional, to help items blend together more smoothly)

Personally I think this shake wouldn't be terribly sweet and probably thick, even using a Vitamix. The Vitamix will destroy veggies, but it won't remove fiber, and hence, the thickness.

The Vitamix was the first expensive product I ever purchased for myself (besides my laptop), and I haven't regretted it even once. I heard the Nutribullet works pretty well too, but with the Vitamix and Blendtec's you are getting a stellar warranty too.

• 3 weeks later...

Joe Rogan! Funny guy... Love that he got into kale shakes. His shakes sound nasty though... I like to cook with ginger and garlic, and keep my smoothies on the sweeter side. Something I can actually enjoy:

1/2 cup strawberries (or blueberries, raspberries, etc if you prefer)

1 large Banana

1 Pear

2-4 leaves of kale, or collards (dark green leafy)

1-2 tablespoons, ground flax seed

2-3 tablespoons cashew butter

1 scoop protein powder (I like vanilla Sun Warrior for this one)

Hemp Milk to liquefy

Yum! Eating this as we "speak"