Hello again from Florida

Barb

Im back. I haven't been here in awhile. I have been very busy working too much and taking care of other people. Now I have to take care of me. I need to clean up my diet and lose fat. I let myself go and I need to eat to lose and build muscle. I never really learned to balance my diet as a vegan. I eat too much sugar and starches. I am allergic to soy and wheat and I am not sure about other grains. So I try to stay away from grains. I am not crazy about beans but do eat them. I was curious about the raw vegan diet and wonder if that has enough protein and nutrients to fuel the body for a long time. I just want to give my body what it needs and I do need to lose a lot of fat as well as build the muscle. I cannot eat soy so I wonder how much protein do I need and hwo I can get it without getting too much carbs. HELP I guess if I stick around here long enough I will know what to do.

Hi Barb, welcome back, I feel like I remember seeing you post a ways back. It sounds like you know a lot of what you need to do already, eat less sugar, eat less empty carbs, work out.

Go to see a nutritionist if you want to know what you are allergic too or save you self some time and money and test yourself out with small portions. A lot of people that have troubles with grains are okay with ancient grains like barely or farro. Quinoa is an amazing choice nutritionally, its socioeconomic impact on particular regions is another thing, but you have to choose your battles right? And its packed with nutrients. Hemp seeds are also great. Seed in general, if you aren't eating them, do some research, hemp, chia, sunflower, etc packed with good things, protein and more.

Search the site, ask questions on other people's threads here, you will get more response than just asking to everyone and hoping the right people will read it.

Glad to see you're back with us, and motivated to make some progress.

-Dylan

Hi Barb,

I am new to this forum as well. I am not telling you anything new, but repetition is good sometimes.

If you stay away from soy, gluten, sugar and you try to have just one cooked meal each day you sould be already on the right track. Have as many green leaves as you can, in smoothies or juices, make sure you have enough water.

Try to eat each day healthy fats like coconut and avocado because they get the sugar cravings down, among other things. Take at least 20 deep breaths each day and workout when you can.