Rossco's journal

I had to train as quick as possible last night and get it over with :/ despite being super pumped for it!

Anyway I decided to superset my side raises and shrugs together and miss out dumbbell rows.

Weight shown is per arm and per dumbbell/plate

DB overhead press

10Kg x 10 reps

10Kg x 10 reps

15Kg x 10 reps

20Kg x 10 reps easy

Side raises, did these fairly slow with as best form as possible.

5Kg x12 reps

5Kg x 12 reps

10Kg x 8 reps

10Kg x 8 reps

Shrugs, super high reps to obliterate my traps!

10Kg x 25 reps

10Kg x 25 reps

10Kg x 25 reps

10Kg x 25 reps

That's all I had time for we've got guests over tonight so it's doubtful I can train today..

Will try and fit In chest tomorrow!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had what was supposed to be a few days rest but actually turned into a very active few days at work..

Tuesday we had to go into a copse woodland because some conifer trees where blocking all light in the area and killing any other plants around it including some ancient oaks.

We cut half a dozen of them down and chopped up what was felled to use in a community project. There's a couple of photos attached.

Wednesday I spent the day with an elderly group of conservationists that were clearing a hedgerow because it was growing through the trees next to it amd choking them, we put all the waste material into a skip which I ended up climbing into to compress the materials... No picture of that yet I'm afraid hahaha.

Am training chest in a couple of hours as I don't need to go into work until the afternoon!

image.thumb.jpg.13e7d940155518a0513121cab2f4c02f.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.5ab4b006ff73400d4e6b47a723fbb78f.jpg

Chest and triceps!

Weight is per arm and dumbbell for bench and flys

DB bench press

10Kg x 12 reps

15Kg x 12 reps

15Kg x 12 reps

25Kg x 12 reps, this was a tiny bit difficult. It's weird how 50Kg on a barbell would be a warmup for bench yet when transferred into dumbbells it becomes a very different lift.

DB flys

5Kg x 12 reps

10Kg x 12 reps

15Kg x 12 reps

20Kg x 10 reps

Skull crushers

15Kg x 12 reps

15Kg x 12 reps

20Kg x 12 reps

22.5Kg x 12 reps

I experienced some elbow discomfort during the last two sets, will gladly except any alternative dumbbell tricep exercises!

Front raises

10Kg plate x 12 reps

10Kg plate x 12 reps

15Kg x 12 reps

20Kg x 12 reps

Good session! Now I've gotta go do a talk at a school and show some bats

Trained directly after work which sucked a bit..

Biceps/forearms + legs/abs

DB hammer curls, I went for slightly lower reps to get more weight in. Weight and reps are per arm

10Kg x 10 reps

10Kg x 10 reps

15Kg x 10 reps, just about

Concentration curls to finish up. 15Kg x 7 reps

DB front squats,, now this sucked. I had a real tough time keeping the weight to my shoulders/chest when squatting. It's so ,much heavier when you have the weight out in front of you.

30Kg x 12 reps

40Kg x 10 reps.

Decided to go down to a couple of weight plates instead.

20Kg x 12 reps

20Kg x 12 reps

Body weight lunges and ab crunches

Lunges x 5 each leg

Abs crunches x 20 reps

Lunges x 5 each leg

Abs crunches x 20 reps

Lunges x 5 each leg

Abs crunches x 20 reps

Pretty annoyed tbh..

I used to train after work after my old job, usually at 6:45pm, and absolutely hated the schedule. It was always crowded at the gym, and just too damn late in the day. Do you like using creatine? I tend to hold water easily, so I've been hesitant to start. Was this your experience?

I used to train after work after my old job, usually at 6:45pm, and absolutely hated the schedule. It was always crowded at the gym, and just too damn late in the day. Do you like using creatine? I tend to hold water easily, so I've been hesitant to start. Was this your experience?

Yeah it tends to be when I train unless I'm blessed with a day off.. I use creatine mate yeah, probably a little more than is recommended, I didn't care for it before but I've noticed it helps a bit and every little helps you should try it out and see how it goes!

Hey Synny! Where the hell have you been?

Thanks andi

Got back to the island a few hours ago and even after 5 ish hours of traveling I was desperate to train!

I had an awesome time in Birmingham at my work conference, met John craven.. Tbh I didn't even know who he was.. He used to present newsround and countryfile in the UK...anyways a vegan cake company was hired for the day as a fair few people were intolerant to dairy at the event.. Not gonna complain aha! Will post a pic later on!

Anyways!

Mostly back and shoulders

Overhead press - weight is per dumbbell and reps are per arm

10Kg x 12 reps

10Kg x 12 reps

15Kg x 10 reps

22.5Kg x 8 reps ( was kinda hoping to hit 10.. Maybe next time)

Side raises - weight is per dumbbell and reps are per arm

5Kg x 12 reps

5Kg x 12 reps

7.5Kg x 12 reps

10Kg x 12 reps

Dumbbell rows - weight is per dumbbell and reps are per arm

20Kg x 12 reps

20Kg x 12 reps

22.5Kg x 12 reps

22.5Kg x 12 reps

I know I can go a lot heavier on these, but i think it's important I get the technique right so that I don't totally fuck up my back.

Dumbbell shrugs - weight is per dumbbell and reps are per arm

10Kg x 20 reps

10Kg x 20 reps

25Kg x 12 reps

25Kg x 12 reps

That's all for tonight, if I get a chance il get a sneaky chest session in tomorrow!

Today was crazy at work, torrents of rain..

Mostly chest and triceps

DB bench press - weight is per dumbbell and reps are per arm

10Kg x 12 reps

10Kg x 12 reps

15Kg x 10 reps

27.5Kg x 8 reps this was killer!

No flys.

Skull crushers

10Kg x 12 reps

20Kg x 12 reps

20Kg x 12 reps

25Kg x 12 reps

All of these sets were supersetted with

Front raises

10Kg x 12 reps

15Kg x 12 reps

15Kg x 12 reps

20Kg x 12 reps

Gonna play some COD:Ghosts and stuff my face now..

Weird session today, kinda sleepy and wasn't in the mood but I've got a busy weekend coming up so needed to get it done today!

Biceps/forearms , legs and abs

DB bicep curls - weight is per dumbbell reps are per arm

10Kg x 10 reps

10Kg x 10 reps

15Kg x 10 reps

15kg x 10 reps (had to cheat on last rep with left arm)

Forearm curls... Saw these on YouTube and thought why not..

2.5kg x 15 reps

5Kg x 15 reps

10Kg x 12 reps

10Kg x 12 reps

Seemed almost pointless tbh.. Il stick to grip trainer and plate squeezing from now on

Lunges

10Kg x 10 reps each leg

10Kg x 10 reps each leg

20Kg x 10 reps each leg

20Kg x 10 reps each leg

The weight isn't an issue, it's my cardiovascular health holding me back on lunges.

Supersetted with calf raises

10Kg x 30 reps

10Kg x 30 reps

20Kg x 30 reps

20Kg x 30 reps

Ab crunches

W/ 5Kg plate x 20 reps x 20 reps

W/ 5Kg plate x 20 reps x 20 reps

W/ 5Kg plate x 20 reps x 30 reps

W/ 5Kg plate x 20 reps x 30 reps

Hell yeah mike! I'm loving the home training there's so much freedom.

So I'm feeling a little down today, my old taekwondo group have just been in the local paper for winning a bunch of national medals and it really made me miss the sport. I'm going to seriously consider training there again soon, I miss everyone there too..

Nice sets man, really jealous of the home training. Wish I had a set of plates to pick up, but haven't found a place to get that stuff cheap enough. Haha your thoughts on forearm curls had me busted as I saw this dude at the gym take up an entire bench, and barbell doing those with 5lb plates on the ends. I was thinking "hey dickhead, just use dumbbells and stand over there in the corner!" Those Farmer Carry's I've been doing lately really test grip strength, and upper trapezius as well. You ever try the offset hang from the pullup bar, using a towel? Seems legit.

I practiced taekwondo a little when I was a kid, but not enough to remember much. I've thought about getting into Jeet Kune Do, mostly because of how badass it looks (and Bruce Lee), but it seems like a tremendous undertaking and I don't think I have the time (or cash).

Haha yeah I've heard about the towel trick but I don't have access to a pull up bar currently :/

Dude don't even get me started on people doing stupid shit in the gym hahaha I've seem some pretty incredible fails and heard even worse.. Especially at my old college gym. It was unbearable..

Well amazon are pretty good in terms of prices man. I splashed out on a huge Olympic barbell set up back when I lived with my parents but now I'm with my girlfriend in a much smaller house I decided to just get a pair of dumbbell handles and use all my old plates. The handles cost me about £50 with is probably 80/90 bucks?

Jeet kune do sounds like an awesome idea! I don't have access to any cool martial arts where I live, the options are taekwondo, karate, Brazilian jujitsu and boxing :/

Haha yeah I've heard about the towel trick but I don't have access to a pull up bar currently :/

Dude don't even get me started on people doing stupid shit in the gym hahaha I've seem some pretty incredible fails and heard even worse.. Especially at my old college gym. It was unbearable..

Well amazon are pretty good in terms of prices man. I splashed out on a huge Olympic barbell set up back when I lived with my parents but now I'm with my girlfriend in a much smaller house I decided to just get a pair of dumbbell handles and use all my old plates. The handles cost me about £50 with is probably 80/90 bucks?

Jeet kune do sounds like an awesome idea! I don't have access to any cool martial arts where I live, the options are taekwondo, karate, Brazilian jujitsu and boxing :/

See mate, that's what I'm talking about. I should look into that. We are in the process of buying a house, which will hopefully have a decent basement that I can turn into a gym. First up on the order is a solid rack/bench setup. I'll look at Amazon, thanks for the tip. Have a good weekend bro.

A basement gym sounds incredible mate!

So I had a pretty mental weekend.. Last ever shift at my weekend job I got covered in flour by my colleagues...

I went out for a few drinks on the Saturday night and have only just recovered.. I've got a busy day of work this week at the new job but il get some training in here and there!

Work was pretty cool today, I was coordination support on a conservation project and was a young persons mentor for out of work teenagers, everyone was awesome and the weather was perfect, but I'm knackered..

A big cup of coffee and a cheeky banana and I was ready to go!!

weight is per dumbbell and reps are per arm on every exercise

DB overhead press

10Kg x 10 reps

10Kg x 10 reps

22.5Kg x 10 reps! Fuck yeah!

22.5Kg x 8 reps plus a 10 second hold above my head

Side raises

5Kg x 12 reps

5Kg x 12 reps

7.5Kg x 12 reps

12Kg x 12 reps

DB rows

20Kg x 12 reps supersetted with DB shrugs 20Kg x 12 reps

25Kg x 12 reps

Shrugs 25Kg x 12 reps

Nice lifts man, especially the overhead press. Haven't been doing those much myself, so I doubt I could manage 22.5kgs (50lbs, right?).

Hey, what makes a banana cheeky?

It's cool that you are helping young people. I think that many of them are misguided, usually by poor/absent parenting. It's a very serious problem here in the States. Many of them have no work ethic, or major entitlement issues. Good stuff man, I'm sure they can learn a lot from someone like you.

Good stuff on the OHP, I'm going to give the 22s a go this week, good motivation

On the lunges try doing sets of 5 per leg or doing a set per leg and then racking the weight and get a few breaths and go again. If you are doing 10 reps for each leg then that is 20 reps on the core! Alternatively you could just keep going at them and adapt!

Good stuff on the OHP, I'm going to give the 22s a go this week, good motivation

On the lunges try doing sets of 5 per leg or doing a set per leg and then racking the weight and get a few breaths and go again. If you are doing 10 reps for each leg then that is 20 reps on the core! Alternatively you could just keep going at them and adapt!

Never thought of it that way mate, good idea i'll definitely stick to 5 per leg from now on

Race you to 30s on ohp? :P

Nice lifts man, especially the overhead press. Haven't been doing those much myself, so I doubt I could manage 22.5kgs (50lbs, right?).

Hey, what makes a banana cheeky?

It's cool that you are helping young people. I think that many of them are misguided, usually by poor/absent parenting. It's a very serious problem here in the States. Many of them have no work ethic, or major entitlement issues. Good stuff man, I'm sure they can learn a lot from someone like you.

It's about 50lbs per arm mate yeah I'm proper pleased with my ohp!

Yeah the young people I work with aren't that much younger than me (im 24) which is terrifying considering most of them live in hostels and some have even lived on the streets, it's shocking thinking that wealthy countries that we live in still have homeless teenagers :/ anyways I run a little Facebook page to promote the group, it's not very big but it's only just been made really

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Army-Isle-Of-Wight/589719694422442

Training was odd today, I woke up with shoulder DOMS which made bench press and front raises dreadful!

DB bench press - weight is per dumbbell and reps are per arm

10Kg x 10 reps

20Kg x 10 reps

30Kg x 1 rep.. Soon realised it was 35Kg which was why I couldn't budge it.. Haha

30Kg x 8 dodgy reps. Will repeat this weight next chest session when I don't have bad DOMS..

Press ups to finish x 25 reps

Skull crushers

10Kg x 12 reps

20Kg x 12 reps

20Kg x 12 reps

27.5Kg x 12 reps

Front raises. These sucked from the shoulder DOMS so I kept it fairly light

10Kg x 12 reps

10Kg x 12 reps

15Kg x 12 reps

15Kg x 12 reps

Managed to wrangle a day off today so I'm gonna spend some time with the girlfriend!