turning mrbear into a mountain!

still having back/shoulder niggles but working around them, just going lighter on back and chest for now, heavy on arms and legs. legs are the only thing getting HIT at the moment as i would rather train light than not at all while my back/shoulder hopefully sorts itself out. 96.6kg today. 100 here i come

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the kind words as always guys! it takes alot of weight for me to look big because im quite tall, slowly but surely getting there though.

@ Rob i dont know my bodyfat % to be honest mate i was guessing 16? and defo no waxing or fake tan here

@ Andi are you still using the peanut butter banana protein and oat/weetabix shakes? they are my weight gain staples

hope everyone who reads is doing well

@ Andi are you still using the peanut butter banana protein and oat/weetabix shakes? they are my weight gain staples

That's why you are getting FAT !

hope everyone who reads is doing well

Trying to get fat like you, dude!

ok maybenot we fucking get it.

• 2 weeks later...

training is a bit all over the place at the moment still consistent but no set program as i have been so busy, sometimes at home sometimes in the gym but everything is getting trained. got home from work and my dad has bought me 5kg soy powder, happy days upped my protein alot in the last 2 weeks, getting around 300 grams a day at the moment i think. i think its making a difference to my size already, kinda expensive though going to try and keep it high as i can now hope everyone is well.

I'm a bit late to the party here but, Christ mike! Looking huge man, whenever I bulk for a while I start getting a bit of a belly ahha although I'm pretty sure it's just bloating.. Any tips in how to avoid that? Hope you haven't died from Saharan dusted air pollution

Ross my friend hows things? looked like you had a nice holiday! cheers mate im getting there slowly its hard work training around some back problems but i seem have found the exercises that dont mess with it so ill just stick to them for a while! as for the bloating i know what you mean i get that sometimes, i tend to go by how i feel and adjust my food as i go along......eg..if i go out for a veggie chinese i usually feel a bit bloated and fat the next day so i just go low carb and high protein till i feel better again. Im all for high carb diets but when bulking its really easy to over doit and feel like a whale, so i usually eat a load of carbs for my first 2 meals then calm down a little for the rest of the day and keep it high protein lower carb, but due to the morning carbs still have all the energy and less cravings than if you eliminate them altogether. i think salt has a alot to do with this also, it can make you look and feel bloated. I used to bulk by just eating all and everything in sight but im a bit smarter about it now and have learned how to read my body a little better. i hope this had made some sense to you mate and doesnt just look like a paragraph of nonsense

Ahha yeah I see what you're saying bud I have a solution I sometimes use but it doesn't always work, instead of a meal I'll have blended fruit and protein powder. But I think you're right in regards to higher protien! Anywaysss yeah holiday was awesome thanks matey! Properly back to regular training now

Ahha yeah I see what you're saying bud I have a solution I sometimes use but it doesn't always work, instead of a meal I'll have blended fruit and protein powder. But I think you're right in regards to higher protien! Anywaysss yeah holiday was awesome thanks matey! Properly back to regular training now

fruit and protein is great, nothing tastes and makes you feel as good as fruit in my opinion! you going back to bodyweight stuff mate or are going to get back on the deads and so on???

yo MF, weekend was good thanks nice and quiet apart from training legs today!ate too many chineses tho haha a new one has opened quite close to me and its really nice and the girls who work there are..........ahem.......good looking so ive been going a bit too much haha

hows things with you buddy? shop still busy?

yo MF, weekend was good thanks nice and quiet apart from training legs today!ate too many chineses tho haha a new one has opened quite close to me and its really nice and the girls who work there are..........ahem.......good looking so ive been going a bit too much haha

hows things with you buddy? shop still busy?

Haha, I feel your pain mate. Good excuse to go back to that Chinese place then aye ~ I'm married to one so I think I have the best of both worlds there

Shop is busy so can't complain there. Always plenty to do!

Hahaha! Yes Mike!

And to answer your question, I'm gonna start doing both I think, nothing quite like a moderate combination of bodyweight and barbell

hahaha next chinese is scheduled for thursday i think devildriver tomorow night in manchester cant effin wait seen so many amazing bands this winter!

ill leave the bodyweight things to you Ross, its too much hard work for me think im getting lazy in my old age.