Rossco's journal

Solid training man. How did you feel training on an empty stomach? I think I'd pass out! You know you can always sub a bent over row, or single arm row (do both sides, duh) for the Aussie pullups. I used to sit my bench out in front of my pullup bar, pull myself up, and throw my feet up on the bench to do those Aussie pullups haha! Have a good weekend mate.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangely mate I prefer it aha, maximum fat burn

Shit that's a good idea man il try tat out next time I do a pulling workout!

Today my forearms and biceps are totally fried haha! Taking a rest day and spending some quality time with the mrs, will get in a push/leg workout in tomorrow, I'm considering creating my own or merging a couple of madbarz workout in together

Killer workout today! I designed it myself based on madbarz routines, my shoulders still feel a little sore from the weekend but I still got through it okay

3 cycles plus a 4th failure cycle, 1 minute rest between exercises, 2:30 mins rest between cycles.

Cycle 1:

Knuckle push ups x 10 reps

Wide grip push ups x 10 reps

Dips x 10 reps

Squats x 25 reps

Decline push ups x 10 reps

Calf raises x 40 reps

Cycle 2:

Dips x 10 reps

Squats x 25 reps

Calf raises x 40 reps

Cycle 3:

Dips x 10 reps

Squats x 25 reps

Calf raises x 40 reps

Failure cycle- 2 minute rest between exercises

Regular push ups x 30 reps, little bit disappointing

Squats x 35 reps

Dips x 25 reps.

I enjoyed this! I may have to come up with some more I also plan to slightly increase reps over time and try and get more time under tension.

Did a little ab session today! Sort of made it up as I went along and them did a few cycles of it

45 seconds rest in between exercises- 2 minute rest in between cycles

This was a little too easy, although the lower ab workout started giving my hips grief toward the end.

Cycle 1:

Crunches x 25 reps

Side, foot touches x 20 reps

V sit ups x 12 reps

Hanging knee raises x 10 reps

Double crunches x 10 reps

Cycle 2:

Crunches x 25 reps

V sit ups x 12 reps

Cycle 3:

Crunches x 25 reps

V sit ups x 12 reps

Cycle 4:

Crunches x 25 reps

V sit ups x 12 reps

After this I did a few oblique exercises, some star jumps and some standing bar twists!

Currently writing up my early mornng pull routine for tomorrow

dude what happened to your weight lifting workouts? you seem totally dedicated to free bodyweight wo

Hey, I started off just giving it a try and now I love the challenge! Plus it really suits my body fat cutting atm!

Il likely return to the free weights at some point but for now I'm keeping to these sort of routines.

Pull workout!

1 minute rest in between exercises. 3 minute rest in between cycles,

Cycle 1:

Pull ups x 3 reps

Negative pull ups x 4 reps

Chin ups x 4 reps

Negative chin ups x 5 reps

Aussie pull ups x 10 reps

Cycle 2:

Pull ups x 3 reps

Chin ups x 4 reps

Cycle 3:

Pull ups x 3 reps

Chin ups x 4 reps

Then I did a set of chin ups to failure, x 5 reps.... Was too exhausted ahha

Then 2 sets of Aussie pull ups to failure

X 20 reps

X 12 reps

Haven't been posting and haven't been training for a while...

Have had loads of personal and professional things getting in the way! Plus work recently has been so labour intensive that when I finish work I feel like I've already been working out for hours haha..

Will update on everything at the weekend probably, and will hopefully get some training in Thursday and Friday.

Off to watch Chris Packham do an animal photography show tomorrow night woohoo

Awesome - post up some pics from the photo show man! I bet you all of your recent training is paying off loads on the job, no?

It was great fun man, it's an ecologist/conservationist called Chris Packham he's a really outspoken animal expert and vegetarian, very famous in the UK me and my friend managed to get a cheeky selfie with him haha

And yeah training is helping, but vice versa it's making my training more difficult as I'm always tired out when I finish work haha

Managed to train today.. Did a push and pull workout and it's completely kicked the shit out of me! I'm in my garden trying to cool off right now! The whole island is shrouded in sea mist... It's like silent hill over here atm it's terrifying haha

3 cycles + 1 extra different cycle. 1 min between exercises and 3 mins between cycles

Cycle 1:

Push ups x 20 reps

Chin ups x 5 reps

Dips x 15 reps

Pull ups x 3 reps

Cycle 2:

Push ups x 20 reps

Chin ups x 5 reps

Dips x 15 reps

Pull ups x 2 and a half reps..

Cycle 3:

Push ups x 15 reps

Chin ups x 4 reps

Dips x 10 reps

Negative pull ups x 5 reps

Extra cycle:

Aussie pull ups x 15 reps

Tricep dips x 15 reps

Negative chin ups x 7 reps

Aussie pull ups x 15 reps

Tricep dips x 15 reps

All I could handle today ahha, bit of a bum wrist from trench digging/tree planting in the week, may have held me back a tiny bit but that's not an excuse :P

I've neglected training and logging again I know..

But my excuse as usual is work work and more work..today was awesome! If you have me on Facebook then check out the photo I shared from my works Facebook page anywho I've just applied for 2 new jobs to see me through the summer! One of them is as a butterfly keeper at an Isle of Wight attraction, trust me it's a lot more exciting than it sounds haha

Whipped up a quick push and pull workout today which felt great! I've been neglecting legs majorly.. But I'm planning on getting my weights out for a proper squat session soon..

Had just over a minutes rest after each exercise!

I started off doing a little work towards one arm chin ups, basically you concentrate on one arm and use less fingers to grip the bar with the other arm. I managed about 3 on each arm,

Then I did

Chin ups x 5 reps

Chin ups x 4 and a partial rep

Chin ups x 2 reps

Supersetted with

X 12 reps

X 12 reps

Push ups (regular) x 20 reps

Dips x 15 reps

Push-ups (pike) x 10 reps, very hard..

Dips x 15 reps

Push ups (wide) x 10 reps

Tricep dips x 12 reps

Knee hugs x 20 reps

Crunches x 30 reps

Hanging knee raises x 12 reps

And that's all she wrote... Just gonna enjoy a night of Xbox on the couch now Yeahhh

Aw man I think you misread/misunderstood me.. I wish I could do one arm pull-ups ahha, this is training towards being able to do one it's gonna be a long road hahaha, I think once I can do 7 or 8 with mostly one arm and with a few fingers on my other hand il try negative one arms and the. Go from there

But yeah the job sounds cool, I would rather get the first job I applied for as a tree climbing assistant www.goodleaf.co.uk <--- but I haven't heard from them so I'm not too hopeful

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a week away in Tenerife! The food was great! Loads of local fruit and veg, also Tomma, an ex forum member here lives out in tenerife and gave me some tips and advice with eating so it was all good!

Didn't train at all, other than a little bit of swimming and a few push-ups here and there before breakfast!

I had every intention of training today but...

Our taxi driver from the airport didn't turn up... So we had to get an hour long train through the middle of London just to get another 3 hour train to Portsmouth and then wait two hours for the 5am ferry back to the Isle of Wight... Oh and then another half hour taxi home ahha! So I got home at 7am this morning and slept for about 4 hours... Been traveling since 4pm yesterday.. Back to work tomorrow and then maybe train afterwards! Will catch up with everyone soon

Yeah it was so good man, really want to go back already haha

Yep that's Charlotte my other half, got another photo here but it's not a great one of us haha, haven't got round to uploading all the photos I took. There's also a beautiful photo of the Isle of Wight which we flew over on our way to Tenerife

I'm gonna do an upper body pull/push workout shortly so will update my journal later

image.thumb.jpg.684511993b249887b5b51636ff791f59.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.c6c1cd9f197f5ef535166f08900b92a1.jpg

First training in a long time today! Pleased with what I did but not overally impressed with myself haha

I started off great but deteriorated pretty quick... I blame the Aussie pull ups for shredding my arms into oblivion..

1:10 rest in between sets, same rest time between exercises

Chin ups, chest to bar!

X 5 reps

X 5 reps

X 5 reps

X 3 reps

If you look back through my earlier journal entries you might notice I was doing significantly more reps and sets of pull up variations.. The truth is that I've realised that I've never done them properly, but now I do. I always go all the way up to my chest and all the way down to dead hang with my legs crossed behind me.

Aussie pull ups

X 15 reps

X 15 reps

X 15 reps

X 15 reps! Killerrrr

Push ups, at this point I felt totally crushed..

X 20 reps

X 20 reps

Wide grip

X 10 reps

X 10 reps

Dips x 10 reps

X 10 reps

X 10 reps

X 10 reps.

That's it for today. I want to train Thursday , and I'm thinking of working In deadlift day for some overall strength and some leg work, but il see how I feel

Dude, always difficult to get back into it after a few days off. Probably why I hardly ever give myself proper rest - too painful to return haha! Glad you had fun on your trip man, that photo from the plane is ridiculous! You love those Aussie pullups mate, and yeah they are killer. Full chin up/pull ups are killer too. I realized I was doing mine wrong as well, for not having done all the way down to straight arms. Just like you, I went from being able to do 15, to 10 haha!