Stronglifts 5x5 training log

Hello everyone

I recently started Stronglifts 5x5, and finally decided to start a training journal.

The reason I decided to go for this program is because of chewybaw's training log, and how impressed I was with his progess.

Well, I'll introduce myself where it's appropriate - time to get to the log itself

Height: 183 cm , Weight: 70 kg when started

I'm just done with Week 6 of the program, and everything went smoothly so far, except one time where I failed to get 5x5 on Overhead press. Today's lift were

Squats 5x5 : 62.5 kg

Overhead press 5x5: 40 kg

Deadlifts 1x5: 85 kg

Could be nice to get some tips regarding assistance work, diet, etc.

Today's workout:

Squats 5x5 : 65 kg

Bech press 5x5: 50 kg

Barbell rows 5x5: 50 kg

I think next time I'll add pull-ups to this, because the workout with the bench and row is much easier than the one with the press and deadlifts.

Soon I'll add what I eat, but currently its a ton of legumes and peanut butter with bread on top of a regular vegan diet (fruits, veggies, rice, soymilk etc).

Today workout went fine, but from tomorrow I have finals so I'll see how good I can stick to working out.

Also, I don't write my warm ups - it's just the lifts from empty bar with 3 even jumps up to the working set.

Lifts:

Squats 5x5 : 67.5 kg

Overhead press 5x5: 42.5 kg

Deadlifts 1x5: 90 kg

Funny thing,

I'm doing the same program and yesterday (26/06/2014) I also did Squats 5x5 with 70 kg

Nice to see you are enjoying the program as well =)

That's really cool, I'll keep an eye on your progress hope this workout went better for you.

It was really a mistake coming to the gym today.

I didn't sleep well, and felt really weak and came unfoucused at all.

I used a lower working set for the squats twice, and one I noticed it I ramped it up but then used too much weight - I couldn't complete 5x5.

Also, couldn't complete 5x5 on the press. Shitty day.

30/07/14

Squats 5x5 : 75 kg Edit: dropped dead after 3 sets

Overhead press 5x5: 45 kg Edit: had 3x5 then another two sets where I got only 3 reps

Deadlifts 1x5: 95 kg

Edited by Sidereus nuncius

Great start and yeah I agree, Chewy is inspirational!

Thanks. Cool hedgehog (or ferret? can't tell), is it yours?

Anyway, blew it on squats again, this time I got 4 sets in and in the last one got 3 reps :/ if I miss one more time I have to deload to 67.5kg

Also, rows starting to get hard...

3/7/14

Squats 5x5 : 75 kg

Bench 5x5: 55 kg

Rows 5x5: 55 kg

I failed squats @ 80kg !

You are doing great.

Tomorrow I am supposed to get those deadlifts @ 100kg also =)

Thanks, and I have 80kg next - hope I won't fail, and I hope you won't as well

Yeah its mine, its a hedgehog his name is Shabby. I'll put up some picks where he actually looks like himself if you'd like to see?

Yeah, I would really like that - I love hedgehogs; although the ones that get in my garden don't love me back they're really intimidated by humans unless you keep a good distance.

8/7/14

So, to recover better I started eating more, and keeping track of calories became a pain so I stopped doing it. Right now I'll try to eat as much as I can.

Today's workout was great, although it was hard not to cheat at the end of the rows, so I cheated two reps and had to re-do them...

Squats 5x5 : 77.5 kg

Bech press 5x5: 57.5 kg

Barbell rows 5x5: 57.5 kg

Pull ups : 1x7

Chin ups: 1x6

Today during squats my hips started to hurt, never had any pain there, so it was a unique experience.

I decided to stop squatting when it started, so I guess you can say I failed on squats, also screwed my deadlifts...

As for overhead presses - I deloaded to 40kg because I thought there were 3 stalled workouts turns out there were only two, but I'll keep on from there.

Squats 5x5 : 80 kg

Overhead press 5x5 : 40 kg

Deadlifts 1x5 : 105 kg

Thank you both

Well, I probably have a problem with my squat form, my hips hurt again and a trainer I asked for advise told me it's probably torn cartilage and I should avoid squats, or any activity that causes pain for two weeks or so.

So, I'm going to keep doing everything besides squats for this week and the next and see what's up.

13/7/14

Bech press 5x5: 60 kg

Barbell rows 5x5: 60 kg

Pull-ups 1x10

Chin-ups 1x10

15/7/14

Overhead press 5x5 : 42.5 kg

Back on squats, but this time I'm using high bar - and it's much more comfortable, but I'll see how it goes.

Also, I deloaded to 70kg and I'll treat it as one deload (after another I'm going 3x5).

Last pressing workout didn't went well, I just used too many warm up sets and got tired when I got to the working set, almost had the deadlifts - but my form broke on the last one, so I'll have to deload.

17/7/14

Bech press 5x5: 62.5 kg

Barbell rows 5x5: 62.5 kg

19/7/14

Squat 5x5: 72.5 kg

Overhead press 5x5 : 45 kg

21/7/14

Squat 5x5: 75 kg

Bech press 5x5: 65 kg

Barbell rows 5x5: 65 kg