turning mrbear into a mountain!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

long time no post......... still training and eating, although alot cleaner, i had been eating everything in sight in pretty much any amount i felt like but i have tidied it up alot now. sticking to good clean bodybuilding foods........i lost 3-4 kilos straight away and had to tighten mybelt a bit too lol, but im guessing it was mostly water from all the junk carbs and salt.......... weigh 100kg now......training is going good havent lost any strength, at a point where i can bench 120kg anytime now, i think 140kg isnt out of the question soon. also doing bent over rows with 100kg (with an olympic bar on an incline bench) helps take injury potential away and also makes it alot stricter i find. iam maxing the machine in the gym on rope pressdowns which is 60kg i think, nothing unbelievable but it looks good 120kg leg extensions for 20 plus reps. i also did 48 reps of 60 kg bench press which i was happy with, had DOMS from hell the day after though, i would like to be able to do 60 reps with 60kg in the future. injuries arent too bad at the minute learnt how to manage them alot better these days and know what i can and cant do! hope anyone who stops by is well, and feel free to have a chat!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rob how are you buddy? sorry bout the late reply, seems to be getting a regular thing for me on here im doing 3 days a week, too much for us HIT'ers i know but its working and im enjoying it so ill stick to it for now, ill probabaly go back to some proper HIT in september. im doing a kind of powerlifting/bodybuilding routine i suppose. on monday ill do 10-12 sets of bench working up to 3-4sets of heavy singles/doubles...........wednesday ill do the incline bench row we were talking about for the same kind of thing except going no less than 6-7 reps. then on a saturday or sunday i do a HIT leg workout and sometimes a little arms if i can be bothered just for the pure vanity of getting the pumped up feeling! had a chest infection/flu/cold thing all the way from hell for a week and a half and finish my antibiotics tomorow, trained last night and this morning though just because i couldnt hold off any longer was nice but feeling a bit weak, back to normal by the end of the week i reckon though as ididnt let the illness stop me eating just force fed myself so i didnt lose too much weight! your training going welll mate?

mike

trying to figure out some goals for the future i never really have any, just get bigger stronger better etc........if i dont reach my goals i always get very angry upset about it, i mean really bad so i never really have set ones like i said.........but debating on whether toset a goal of 150kg bench press as a little while ago i did 135 for 3 reps. just wary of injury pushing maximum 1 reppers.......just building back up after the bit of illness i had, benched 100kg today very very easily couple of days rest now then legs

Hey Rob how are you buddy? sorry bout the late reply, seems to be getting a regular thing for me on here im doing 3 days a week, too much for us HIT'ers i know but its working and im enjoying it so ill stick to it for now, ill probabaly go back to some proper HIT in september. im doing a kind of powerlifting/bodybuilding routine i suppose. on monday ill do 10-12 sets of bench working up to 3-4sets of heavy singles/doubles...........wednesday ill do the incline bench row we were talking about for the same kind of thing except going no less than 6-7 reps. then on a saturday or sunday i do a HIT leg workout and sometimes a little arms if i can be bothered just for the pure vanity of getting the pumped up feeling! had a chest infection/flu/cold thing all the way from hell for a week and a half and finish my antibiotics tomorow, trained last night and this morning though just because i couldnt hold off any longer was nice but feeling a bit weak, back to normal by the end of the week i reckon though as ididnt let the illness stop me eating just force fed myself so i didnt lose too much weight! your training going welll mate?

mike

Hey mate,

3 days a week? pumped up feeling? aah, you mean hobby training lol, only messing:)

Sounds good, if you feel you can handle it and are making progress / not just lifting weights then more power to ya. Nothing worse than a summer cold, am sure the hotter weather isn't helping, hopefully your back to full steam soon.

Am good bud, got a promotion at work recently, but means 50+ works per week, so training as efficiently as possible, trying to get the most out of the least:)

mike

Hey mate,

3 days a week? pumped up feeling? aah, you mean hobby training lol, only messing:)

hahaha i know, i knowi just cant help myself at the moment, ill save HIT for the winter when i just want to sit around infront of the fire

Sounds good, if you feel you can handle it and are making progress / not just lifting weights then more power to ya. Nothing worse than a summer cold, am sure the hotter weather isn't helping, hopefully your back to full steam soon.

yeh mate i feel great at the moment and making some good progress so its all good.........i havent been ill for so long so i was probably due something, late nights early monrings and heavy training catches up i guess

Am good bud, got a promotion at work recently, but means 50+ works per week, so training as efficiently as possible, trying to get the most out of the least:)

nice one mate, more dollar i hope!!! youll be able to really kit your gym out at home then!

mike

Hey mate,

hahaha i know, i knowi just cant help myself at the moment, ill save HIT for the winter when i just want to sit around infront of the fire

yeh mate i feel great at the moment and making some good progress so its all good.........i havent been ill for so long so i was probably due something, late nights early monrings and heavy training catches up i guess

nice one mate, more dollar i hope!!! youll be able to really kit your gym out at home then!

Yeah mate, little more wonga:) I think i going to leave the super kitted home gym for a while and just pay as i go, found a cracking wee gym in the out skirts of Belfast, real heavy duty machines and it costs just £3 a time. Just means a 35 mile commute though, still its better than the big corporate gyms that are full of functional training "experts", spice boys and posers

Instead, me and the misses are planning on going to Iceland for a wee break in the new year, we can get direct flights from Belfast now, she wants to the the northern lights and natural spar's, but i want to go visit Magness Ver Magnussen's gym formerly owned by Jon Pall Sigmarsson:)))

alright pal, £3! thats alright isnt it mate lucky your into HIT though or that journey would get tedious doing it 4 or 5 times a week big "popular" gyms suck, give me under ground type ones any day! i would love to go to iceland, i would definitely make a trip to jon palls grave too, him and magnus are 2 of my childhood heroes have a look at this if you havnt already seen it mate youll probbaly enjoy it

Hey thanks for the video bud, that was a good wee show, enjoyed that:)

Am the same as yourself mate, i grew up watching them every new years day lol. I remember Geoff Capes being my favorite as a child. But my all fav's were Magness Samuelsson (loved the first year he competed and broke Nathan Jones's arm lol, 95 i think) and Ver Magnesson (brilliant all rounder).

reached my goal of bencing 150kg on tuesday, was a bit of a shock to be honest but i have been doing pretty well with benching lately.........warmed up on the bar, then 40kg, then 60kg, then 100kg jumped to 140 and did 1 rep with that then and managed to get the 150 after a rest.......i think it helped i was in a foul mood after a bad days work. happy nonetheless with that though.

cheers Rob, i was hurting for ages after that not training till sunday at least now having a wee break. dont know what my goals are now, i would like to do 5 reps with 140kg, happy with that 1 rep max for now i dont really like doing them if im perfectly honest, well i do but its risky injury wise in my opinion, been to snap city before and dont want to go there again haha hows things with you buddy? job going ok?

think i may have broken my foot doing calf press there was a bit of a crunch in the middle of a set now it hurts like heell to walk barefoot but ok in shoes....when i dont have my shoes on it feels likes theres a bone sticking out of the bottom of my foot which crunches when i walk......feels pretty strange

• 11 months later...

Almost a year since i posted in here, times flies when your enjoying yourself lol.......hope that anyone who i used to chat to that drops in are well, injury free and training hard i had a good winters training, i was weighing in at 106 kg at one point and pretty strong too, i benched 100kg for 22 reps at one point and did 12 with 120kg. I also managed 33reps of the 100kg stack of lat pulldowns. i havent trained properly since march now due to and old injury coming back with a vengeance. Turns out it is nerve damage in my shoulder and neck so im having alot of physio, massages, chiropractor etc to try and sort it. I can train legs though so i iam atleast able to do something heavy, they look damn good too at the moment if i do say so myself! i weight 99kg at the moment with a 34 inch waist which i would like to get to 32 but it might not be possible. feel free to say hello would be nice to hear from old friends

mike.

good man, marooned haha.........yeh its windy and rainy here all the time doing my bloody head in now, doesnt even feel like summer has started yet! nightmare trying to paint houses in it too. looks like this place isnt as busy as it used to be........?