Reci[pe request PLEASE for vegan ravioli?

compassionategirl

College threw this idea out a while back nd I still cannot cook any.

I have the idea in my head, but i just cannot turn it into an actual yummy dish.

i am thinking vegan ravioli stuffed with some butternut squash in a creamy vegan sauce.

but I haventa clue how to make vegan pasta dough, adn I cannot find any premade vegan ravioli.

I miss ravioli a lot. SO I would be absolutely elated if somebody knows of a vegan ravioli recipe that could be posted for us all to enjoy!

pretty please.

http://vegweb.com/recipes/pasta/7853.shtml

this looks good

and i found this one

maybe you can replace the ricotta with vegan cream cheese.

Squash Ravioli

Ingredients:

1 small butternut squash

1/4 cup fat free broth

1/2 cup yellow onion, finely diced

2 garlic cloves, minced

1/2 cup part skim milk ricotta cheese (vegan alternative????)

1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, minced

Salt and pepper to taste

50-count package of wonton wrappers

3 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with equal parts cold water

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut butternut squash in half, remove seeds and place cut sides down in a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray. Add 1/2 inch of water and bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender. Squash can also be quartered and cooked in a microwave oven until tender.

Heat a large nonstick skillet until hot. Pour chicken broth in skillet and sauté onion and garlic. Transfer to a large bowl. Scoop out squash and place in the bowl with the onions. Add ricotta cheese, basil, salt and pepper and mash to a coarse paste.

Place a wonton wrapper on a lightly floured surface. Spoon filling, about the diameter of a 50-cent piece and about 1/4-inch thick, onto the center of the wrapper. Lightly wet the edges of the wonton with the cornstarch mixture. Lay a second wrapper over the filling and press the edges onto the bottom piece. Trim edges with ravioli cutter or knife if desired.

Carefully place filled ravioli in a large pot of boiling water, one at a time and stir gently. Cook for about four to five minutes. Remove cooked ravioli with slotted spoon and place on plate. Top your favorite pasta sauce, Parmesan cheese, etc.

Makes 6 Servings - Serving Size: 4 ravioli

Nutrition information per serving:

Calories: 373

Total Fat: 3g

Saturated Fat: 1g

Cholesterol: 12mg

Sodium: 440mg

Carbohydrate: 78g

Protein: 12g

Fiber: 6g

Exchanges: 4-1/2 Starch/Bread, 1/2 Lean Meat, 1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat

Ricotta Replacement

Half of one batch of cheeze sauce (below)

One tub of tofu

Drain tofu & mash with potato masher. Add cheeze sauce, mix well. Add Italian seasonings to taste. Use with lasagna, stuffed shells, etc.

For lasagna (cuz I have a HUGE pan!) I use the entire cheeze sauce & 2 tubs of tofu.

Cheeze Sauce

7 oz. jar roasted red pepper, drained

3/4 cup water

2/3 cup nutritinal yeast flakes

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup lemon juice

1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce

1 1/2 tablespoon tahini

Put all ingredients in a blender & blend well. Can be used as dip or spread. Lessen the amount of water for a delish 'grilled cheeze' sandwich spread. Instead of water, add 3/4 cup salsa for dip.

This also freezes well.

We love this stuff!