2 T. Fresh Ginger, grated or 1 T. Ginger Powder
6 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 T. Sesame Oil
3 C. Pineapple-Papaya Juice
½ C. Tamari
2 t. Mustard (dry)
½ t. Cayenne Pepper
1. Combine all the above ingredients in a blender. Blend well and set aside.
2 Bunches Young Asparagus (fresh)
4 T. Arrowroot Powder
4 C. Teriyaki Sauce (see above)
2 T. Sesame Oil
2 C. Broccoli Flowerets
2 C. Carrots, chopped
2 C. Cauliflower, chopped
1 Red Onion, peeled, cored & halved & cut into 1/4 “ strips
4-5 C. Basmati Rice (cooked)
4 T. Sesame Seeds, toasted in a dry skillet until lightly browned
2. Gently bend each asparagus stalk to break off the tough, woody ends. Cut the stems diagonally into 1 ½-2-inch sections, leaving 2 inches of tips. Separate thicker lower stems from the thinner upper stems and tips.
3. Dissolve the arrowroot in 2 cups of the teriyaki sauce. Set aside. Heat half of the sesame oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add thicker asparagus stalks and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Then add 1 C. teriyaki sauce (without arrowroot). Cover and cook 2 minutes, or until vegetables are almost tender. Then remove from pan, cover and set aside.
4. Add remaining sesame oil to skillet and heat. Add remaining asparagus and red onion. Stir-fry 2-4 minutes. Add the last cup of teriyaki sauce (without arrowroot). Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
5. Now add teriyaki sauce containing arrowroot to skillet and simmer 1-2 minutes, stirring.
6. Add vegetables that have been set aside, stirring continuously until sauce thickens.
7. Serve immediately over basmati race with toasted sesame seeds.